Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Messi!

I took the IGCSE entrance test today and....
I GOT IN! not.
The results (according to Mrs. Chong) will only come out by end of July so it's going to be a very long, anticipated wait but by that time, it'll be exam season (yes, indeed-ily filled with endless revision.) Just so you know, a spoiler for those who didn't take the test:
First page. A bombastically worded passage about a boy named Hugh and how his teacher admired him (not in that way. that's pedophilia.) From reading the first paragraph, I thought that it was about a girl having a crush on a boy but sadly, no. I swear if I hadn't been in a good mood that day, I wouldn't have been able to understand the passage. It was so strangely written (minus the typos) with words I'd never even heard of like 'mass indoctrination' (PS: I had to use the spell-checker to type that out) and 'pedantic'. They even had us define their meanings and fill in blanks about Australians' habits on the bus. Did you know they don't prefer sitting next to other people on buses or trains? I'm quite proud of my essay though (titled 'Useful Inventions of the Past'.) Managed to fit in references to neanderthals, cocks (THE BIRD) and Alexander Graham Bell. I quote, "What did our ape-like ancestors, commonly called cavemen, use as chairs? These early species of humans used the ground for sitting. That's right, there was no need for spinal-correcting massage chairs or silk embossed sofas because all the exercise they ever needed to keep their body in tip-top shape were from carrying out their daily chores."
Moving on to Maths (which I carefully calmed myself from getting nervous over beforehand) I left 4 questions blank whereas Dan tells me Yen Yee left 4 pages blank. I honestly don't think my papers were a lost cause because I am positive (or more like subconsciously hoping the shit out of myself) that I will get a place in Year10. Dear Jesus...
RM1 baby biscuits from Bangsar pasar malam. That's the night we bought 40 sticks of sate and asam laksa and feasted out in the patio with a bottle of wine.

So, so glad it's Friday tomorrow. My mom made a date with me after school tomorrow to go to Tangs to spend the RM50 voucher we got in the mail. Lawl. What else do you do when you get free money?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dammit