Friday, March 12, 2010

Retirement

Mr. Nathan retired today.

No more
"Good morning school.
Have you given your attendance?
Now, get ready to learn a word a day."
in the mornings.

I've never directly associated myself with Mr. Nathan before - except the occasional white lies to excuse myself from PE. He was the school's disciplinary head, cricket coach & the fear of every student. I never even knew he was 75 until today. They had a special assembly for him in the great hall. Throughout the speeches, Grace & I were talking about how Mr. Nathan was a vampire. For every person that was mentioned, we'd say how Mr. Nathan sucked their blood and killed them. It was just a joke. Chill. I still respect the man.

After assembly, everyone lined up along the car park and bulldozed after his car making sure to block his way. It was retarded. 1000 students were running around the car park waving, shaking hands & hugging Mr. Nathan. People were taking pictures with their awesome cameras like paparazzo chasing after a celebrity. People were showering their love over him. I think people will actually miss Mr. Nathan.
Fortune cookies can be very flattering sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dammit