Sunday, March 21, 2010

This morning.

I met an 88 year old man with Alzheimer's at the nursing home today. His family - specifically his niece - was showing him pictures on the computer of his family, friends and his late wife. He couldn't remember any of them. Not even his wife. He kept calling his niece fat but one of the nurses at the home interrupted him saying, "She's not fat. She's SEXYY!" Then everyone laughed - including me. I was eavesdropping unintentionally. How could I resist when they were only 3 feet away? 

"These are your wedding photos. See, that's you and Ah Ma."
"That's not me. That's somebody else. I'm not married."

PS: We call my granddad's roommate Uncle Ooi. I have mentioned about him before. Today, he put on his Bata running shoes, held on to the table in front of him and starting walking on the spot for some exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dammit