Friday, February 20, 2009

Shooot!

I got a new book today :]
It's called 'This is all' by Aiden Chambers. I've read about 20 pages now and I love it! The story is about this lady who gets pregnant. During her pregnancy, she decides to write about her life so that she can pass it on to her soon-to-be daughter.

A snippet from the book. (I hope it's not illegal to do this.)

Of medium height, half a head taller than me, his body was lithe and long-limbed. I liked to watch it in motion. And isn't it strange what attracts you to other people? - Will's hard-work sweat had a sweet-and-sour spring-air tang quite unlike the bouquet of other men I'd ever sniffed at. It turned me on like no human smell I'd ever nosed. (I'd found this out from close-quarter research during sports afternoons.) I always attempted to stand down wind of him. Even when past its wash-by date, his BO still pleased. Of how many people's perspiration, even including your own, can you say that?

I like the cover. Reminds me of autumn.

Quote of the day:
I'm the tin woman.
Heart of coal and
skin of steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dammit