Sunday, August 1, 2010

MTV WorldStage 2010

Want a vivid image of how period pains feel like? Imagine your uterus squeezed dry like a washcloth. For those who don't have the gift of being a woman, think "salami jammed into a meat grinder" (Exaggeration is delightful isn't it?)

Hello, I'm back from my virtual hiatus. So, so many things have happened (including those that didn't happen) these past 3 weeks. I turned 15, survived the exams, went for WorldStage (more about this below) and so on. I can't make empty promises that long gaps of nothingness like these won't happen again because they most probably will. If there's a God out there (not that I don't believe in God and such but as a not-so-religious sort of person, I have my doubts) he/she/it (never discriminate be it gender or species. It's ok if you don't get this) will you know, bless me somehow?

WorldStage.
Because of it, I have lost my voice (this is more like a pro than a con. I like my voice when I lose it.), my body is sore, I've got a scratch on my shoulder from idon'tevenknow, my eyes hurt like I've squeezed lemon juice into them, my toenails look deformed from being trampled on all night long and from it raining for hours, short-circuiting the technical stuff and us wait for an hour before everything was in its right order, woke up this morning feeling horrible cause I was too tired to take a bath before going to bed (got back around 1.30am) and I am still hungry.
 All worth it.
Not only did we get to see Bill Kaulitz in his orgasmic leather pants but we got to see Katy Perry dancing on a giant banana-split, sang our hearts out to (almost) every song, piggy back rides over the poodles of water from Olney, jumping up and down till we got stitches in our sides when a song we knew came on, bumping into friends, struggling into useless raincoats/ponchos & laughing about it, running through the rain to get to the surf beach, bargaining with random strangers for last-minute tickets, dying of laughter at stupid candid photos (most of which were deleted), passing phones here and there when my phone just wouldn't cooperate, watching strange guys head-banging to Bunkface like a bunch of puppies with seizures, fat guys screaming like little girls when the Wondergirls came on, making Olney self-conscious over his body (which by the way was very the nice), hugging Shu Lynn's head, hugging Jaryn's head, death-screaming into Tim's ears and being around awesome people at an awesome event on an awesome day. Perfect way to end the month :)
 Group shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dammit