Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm making a sandwich

Did you see the massive thunderstorm today? It was HUGE. Just my luck, we were driving home from church when the storm struck. (Yes, I went to church. I'm a good little church girl.) I saw 18 strikes of lighting on the way home and really really wished I had one of those super-ultra-mega-awesome cameras to take pictures of them. They shook my bones to the core. Nick said each strike of lightning has about 100000 volts of electricity in them. Imagine getting hit by one. My face was plastered onto the window, watching strike after strike after strike. BAM BOOM BAMBO! Flashing of lights! Roaring of thunder! The rain beating down hard on the roof of the car! If I were younger, I'd be sinking into my seat and covering my eyes. I used to be terrified of thunderstorms. Now I'm a big girl and big girls don't cry. (oh the corn-osity!)
Sheena showed me this picture just now. Joshua and Ashwin!
During mass (that's church people talk for 'while I was in church') the priest was reading this passage from the almighty 3-inch-thick bible. It was about how Jesus' died. The way he read it kind of touched me a bit. Oh yes, Jesus you rock. Like no other God has rocked before. No offense to Buddha and other religions' Gods. I just prefer mine.

My housekeeper (calling her my 'maid' is quite degrading cause she's like family to me) usually says "Jesus' name Hallelujah!" everytime something scares her.

Anyways, there was this little girl sitting in front of me colouring a picture of a house. She drew two people. A girl and a guy. Her unattractive pictures were so sweet. I couldn't stop smiling cause then she started eating this cheese sandwich and bobbing her head to the music. She was wearing a Disney Princesses shirt and a little bow around her head. I know I sound like a paedophile but little children pinch my maternal instincts. PS: I wore my I heart bangkok t-shirt today and ate lunch at Black Canyon Coffee. Seeing as that restaurant is from Thailand and the fact that I look Thai-ish, it made me feel like a big supporter for Thailand.

PPS: There was a taekwondo tournament at Summit. Those little kids can fight! People were cheering and shouting "FIGHT!" at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dammit