Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cheap Tin

I was torn between which picture to head this post.
I thought of putting up this one. It's sweet, Santa is in it, cute dog; No gore but then I saw this...
And this...
And this...
& the photos actually got more and more ridiculous the more I looked. It's a secret to where I got them.

I watched Marley&Me (ergo my puppy antics.) with my mom at home again and I seem to have sprouted fountains on my face.

Managed to skip Sunday Class after asking my mom if I could miss it for today. She wasn't jumping for joy but didn't mind anyhow.

I don't want to go to school tomorrow. Not that I'm worried about the recent H1N1 cases in form 3 but it's the work I'll have to do. (If there are any.) I hope the holidays come sooner so I'll get that lovely long week of nothing-ness to myself.

I found this piece called:
My Velociraptor could probably kill your Velociraptor. We'd know if they fought.

It's so...oh my god. I love it. Just read it.

nothing there; from molded ball r o o ms
or busted taillights or sweat soaked curls

nothing could encapsulate what once was our animating force

i forgot my mothers’ home,
at 17
Memories
of walking my stepfather’s staircase
were gone,

filed into : Information Unnecessary
along with hypotheses and hyperboles and everything else not learned in the sun

You were my sun.
play any way
on words and I will feel
the same.
You were my sun.

in the bed beneath the great oak tree (which they’ve cut down)
You left your horizon to lay with me
in manmade blankets on manmade pillows
bubbled over and reeking our manmade emotions.
nylon & crab grass & 10% cotton
stuck to my newest skin
and i set with the sun
Set&Settled
the guilt of the betrayed
necromantic nuances
shot to hell by nearsightedness
settled
in the ridges of the Appalachians

six months later
i beat you to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dammit