Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Ruby

My Sunday school teacher asked us to write out the things that we didn't like about our lives on a piece of paper to burn after class. Some of my classmates' lists stretched till the other side. I only had one sentence written down though. It was strange to watch the paper burn with the others at the back of the church.

It was called 'Detox-day'.

At Sunway, watched G.I.Joe but compared to Transformers, it's pretty sucky. The gadgets are so ridiculously hi-tech that the logic just flushes out. (I still prefer the old-school cartooned G.I.Joe that my brother used to watch all the time.)I met up with my cousins, aunt & grandma for tea at La Bonega in Bangsar Shopping Centre after that. Had a few swigs of my parents' Mojito and it was GOOD. My dad's head turned red from the rum in the drinks so he started talking about nuts cause Boon Yong (he's the reason for the meet-up. Going to Melbourne to become a pilot this Thursday.) had 6 coconuts yesterday for lunch.

My grandma didn't eat anything cause as far as grandmas go, I haven't met one yet that prefered french fries to rice. So just to please her, we had dinner at Ming Room (you know, typical Chinese food.)

For desert we went downstairs to Alexis for a slice of an apple pie, THE best chocolate cake ever, a brownie & a blueberry cheesecake. My other cousin wouldn't stop giggling like a 5-year-old just cause I melted a sugar cube with my drink. Note: he's 24 this year.At Alexis. My dad's phone.

He said that his buddy spent a whole month living off oatmeal. 3 meals a day. Said it was to 'refresh' the body from the harmful 'toxins'.

Plus, I think I'm finally gaining some trust from my parents. When I asked them about the WorldStage Concert next Saturday, I didn't get the 5000 questions or the 5Ws (who, what, where, when & why.) I quite liked that feeling.
I get to see you guys this Saturday! It's been too long D:

Some pictures from the camera last night before going to bed.
I get at least ONE day to be vain every few months. Why not yesterday?
Sepet eyes from the brightness of the flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dammit